Friday, February 21, 2014

Suarez: I'm not in the same class as Dalglish and Gerrard

Leave a Comment
Liverpool striker Luis Suarez has stated he's not in the same class as club legends Kenny Dalglish and Steven Gerrard. 


Liverpool striker Luis Suarez

The Uruguayan has been in prolific form this season, scoring 23 goals in the league for the Reds, with the front man being the bookies favorite for the Premier League Golden Boot Award and Player of the Season title.

Yet the 27-year-old doesn't feel as though he can be held in the same regard as both Kenny Dalglish and Steven Gerrard, who Suarez considers the best of Liverpool's past and present.

“No, no, I’m not at that level,” Suarez told the the Liverpool Echo.

“Kenny is No 1. When he was a player he was just unbelievable. I’ve watched the videos of him.

“Stevie for me is the best player we have here. He has achieved so much.

“He’s our captain and a great leader. In the dressing room he never thinks he’s better than anyone else. For me he’s been one of the best player in the world for a lot of years.

“I think Liverpool have a long history with many great players. I hope one day to be up there with those great players. I’ll try my best to write some history here.”

Alongside hailing Dalglish and Gerrard, Suarez also heaped praise on his strike partner Danuel Sturridge, who has been instrumental in helping the number seven to his impressive goal tally. 

“I enjoy playing with Daniel and there is a good relationship between us,” he said.

“I think both players love scoring goals. It’s important when you have two or three players like that as it gives more confidence for the team.

“Daniel was scoring goals when I couldn’t play at the start of the season and then when Daniel was out injured I was able to score a lot of goals. It’s important for the team not to be relying on one player.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment